Whether you own one commercial property or manage a portfolio of properties, we will work with you to produce a bespoke lease for each letting you agree. We appreciate speed is of an essence once terms have been agreed and will work with you from day one to obtain the information we need to draft your lease, and that your tenant will need to review.
We will work with you, your surveyor and other involved parties such as lenders, professional trustees or superior landlords to conclude the lease transaction as soon as possible.
We provide advice on a range of matters associated with commercial leases. We can review your existing leases and advise you in relation to:-
- When rent reviews are due – how are they calculated? Are they time critical?
- When the lease is due to end and how – do you need to serve notice?
- What your rights and options are if your tenant does not pay the rent
- What your tenant’s obligations are in respect of repair and how you can enforce these
- Do you want the tenant to vacate at the end of the lease? We can advise whether the tenant has rights to renew the lease and whether you have grounds to oppose renewal
- Do you want to grant a new lease to your tenant? We can advise in relation to any notices that might need serving and assist in negotiating new lease terms
Being fully aware of the key dates and terms of your leases will enable you to make the most out of your investment.